Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Saturday September 3, 2016 at 12:53
Dean Roddey
May 2004
I also slept through it. I didn't know a thing about it and just went to sleep. I woke up at some point in the night and went into the kitchen to get some water. The guy I was sharing the apartment with was sitting up and sort of watching the windows. I saw it was raining but didn't even ask any questions, I just went back to sleep.

Next morning I went outside and a tree had fallen, the end of which was feet from the window where my head was at the end of the bed. I guess maybe that's what woke me up. But another five feet and it would have come through the window right on my head. That would have definitely gotten my attention.

These days I would have sat up that whole night in a massive panic, and gone the days before and bought a life raft and beaver pelts and a trunk full of beef jerky. Though that would probably increase my chances of survival, I'm not sure it's actually really preferable to just sleeping through it.

Our apartment complex's power ran a good ways through a wood, which was a mess. Given that it was going to be a lot of work for a (relatively) small number of people getting their power back, I guess we got prioritized pretty low, and so I think that's why it ended up taking forever. If that happened now, I'd be sitting on the curb downtown begging people to use their tablets.

Last edited by Dean Roddey on September 3, 2016 20:27.
Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems
www.charmedquark.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse