The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday September 2, 2016 at 00:38
Tassie Devil
Long Time Member
February 2003
I posted some of what is below in the URC forum but, as I'm not necessarily stuck with URC and its problems, am open to going elsewhere with maybe Logitech a possibility although I'm unsure if any model really suits.

Here is a bit of background so you can answer more effectively.

REASONS FOR WANTING TO CHANGE:
* Buttons are sticking on the URC MX850 - some attempts at dismantling, cleaning etc not wholly satisfactory
* I use a VU+Solo2 the most and despite entering in hex codes and trying "learning", the 850 does not handle all functions correctly

PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE:
I'm a self taught senior who can capably do macros etc for the MX850 but would prefer not to have to learn programming for a different remote unless it is the only option. I have all the programming software for the 850 but struck problems in the past so hope any future move will be without such drama (so should I move away from URC?)

REQUIREMENTS:
* Control of at least these devices: A Vu+Solo2 PVR, A ZGHEMMA PVR, a HUMAX PVR, a ZCruiser PVR, an OPPO 105, a Pioneer DVD-R, A Pioneer lasser disdc player, An Onkyo 5509 preamp/processor, a 12 channel remote control switching device + maybe a JVC projector
* RF not important, IR is OK
* Touch screen or color not important
* Easily hand held with most function layout similar to the 850 (the button layout on some Logitecs do not look good for me)
* Back light

BRAND:
Not necessarily URC. Logitech Harmony One (discontinued) looked attractive. logitech's database really good, but not sure how easy programming would be and/or how well they last so a used one would be no better than the current 850.

All suggestions gratefully received.

John
An audio nut for over 60 years & now a video nut too :-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse