Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday August 31, 2016 at 12:33
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
Recent announcement from Cox our local cable provider about transitioning to all digital service this fall which requires "mini box" receivers for any televisions that are currently directly connected to cable.

I have a number of clients that still have small TVs in bathrooms, laundry rooms, exercise rooms, etc. that are just connected directly to cable TV and using internal tuners.  To make matters more interesting several of them have older CCTV systems modulated onto channel 3.

Does anyone have experience with this box yet?  I'm guessing it comes with a remote control that's probably IR only which is going to be an issue because I'll need to hide lots of these in recessed boxes behind wall mounted TVs.  The camera modulation is also going to be a problem.

Link to mini box specs:
[Link: cox.com]

My guess is this might mean video distribution and control for each of these TVs (provided I can get required wiring to each TV location).  This could realistically cost clients $1-2k or more per TV and I've got dozens of them and no time to do it.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse