Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday August 30, 2016 at 04:42
buzz
May 2003
Maybe the first large screen TV that they saw was in a bar and that high location brings back fond memories of bachelor days. Also, everyone is usually standing while discussing the room layout and the TV is logically installed at viewing height (while standing).

I think that there is an equate between large TV and large artwork and everyone thinks that pictures should be hung high. (picture viewing is done by walk through and "high" is at viewing level)

Designers are more concerned with pier approval than anything that makes physical sense. They'd be embarrassed to show photos of projects with TV's hung low because their mentors hung high.

In fairness, a few designers get it and they'll ask me where I want the TV, then they'll balance it with other design elements. But it often works like some sort of negotiation. They compromised with the TV location, now I have to reciprocate and hide the speakers under or behind something, or just use the TV's speakers -- it's all the same, right? It's all just ugly, impossible to use tech junk.

[Edited spelling typo]

Last edited by buzz on September 1, 2016 11:34.

Hosting Services by ipHouse