The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday August 29, 2016 at 20:19
ggarza270
Long Time Member
November 2010
On August 29, 2016 at 19:46, Ernie Gilman said...
I think you had the problem before this, but
Total: 16 tuners. But I could be wrong, totally wrong about how the tuners are counted in the "genie" part, and I don't see model numbers I can use to verify the count. But could this be part of the problem?

Did the installer have every receiver on? DVRs recording two shows on each one?How many tuners were in use? How does your client use this combination of stuff?

The hr54 is 5 tuners.
Clients don't take up a tuner slot, they use one of the 3 extra ones available on the hr54
Hd Dvrs are 2 tuners, so 4 tuners with the both they have.
Hd receivers are 1 tuner, so 2 tuners with the both they have.

So that's a total of 11 tuners being used.

We turned all the boxes on. Didn't record anything though.

The only issue they are having is the genies keep getting unauthorized for some reason. Directv had already came out and swapped out the genie server and all the genie clients but that didn't fix the issue. Directv came out again today and swapped out the lnb for the 13 tuner version, from the Swm 16, and installed a new splitter. The genies are in there kids bedrooms, so when there kids get home they have to reset the server for the genies to connect

The genie server and the 2 hd receivers are in a rack feeding a video matrix for the tvs around the house. One hd dvr is in a game room, the other in a media room. These boxes never have issues turning on

So the main issue they are having is the clients, all of them not just the wireless, showing the message that says "this location is not authorized" but a reset of the server fixes the issue for a day

Hosting Services by ipHouse