The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday August 29, 2016 at 13:40
ggarza270
Long Time Member
November 2010
I have a customer I'm working with that had Directv installed last month with a genie system as part of it. So they have a hr54 server with 4 wireless genies and 1 wired genie, 2 HD DVRs and 2 HD receivers.

The problem they are having is that the genie clients keep disconnecting and saying on the screen "this location is not authorized". Resetting the server fixes the issue for a day but then the message comes back and you have to reset again. The wireless bridge had a yellow light on it which directv tech support said means it has a degraded moca network. Directv came out today to check it and swapped out the LNB from a swm 16 to a new swm 13, that has 13 tuners through 1 coax and also swapped out the wired client. He checked everything before he left and it was working and the wireless bridge turned to a blue light which supposedly means there is a good moca connection, but my customer called and said it says the same message again.

Has anybody had any experience with this. I'm not sure what else to check. The HD DVRs, HD receivers and genie server always work. It's the clients that keep disconnecting

Hosting Services by ipHouse