The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Sunday August 28, 2016 at 14:40
Bubby
Advanced Member
July 2007
On August 26, 2016 at 15:08, charris said...
For those that program the top button of the keypad for room on/off based on a scene (toggle scene): Doesn't this confuse the customer or the system?
For example: I want to leave from the room and I have another scene active - or any load -, pressing the room on/off I would expect it to switch off all lights in the room - since there are lights on - but it will actually trigger on/activate the scene.

P.S. Not sure if my question is clear enough.

Depends on the logic used. I used an Advanced Toggle and Room Logic in your situation.

For example, the top button of my basement keypad (a 4+2) turns on most of the basement lights except in the bedroom down there (double tap adds the bedroom & mechanical just in case my wife needs to go down there at night and I'm not home). But if she just pressed the top button once, but turned on the mechanical room light, when she got back to the top of the stairs, another press of the top button would turn off all the lights including the mechanical room.

Now when I have overnight company I have a button in my master closet labeled Inlaws (could have called it guests, but I didn't) that changes how that top button works. Since they are too stupid to learn to press the Evening button, they press the top button which turned on all the lights and they would sit in a bright room watching TV. So with the Inlaws button activated, the top button mimics the Evening button on first press and no longer turns off the bedroom load on a second press.

Hosting Services by ipHouse