Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Saturday August 27, 2016 at 23:07
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
On August 27, 2016 at 22:48, IRkiller said...
Don't know if it applies here but in these cases we have used a zone out off of the audio matrix (in our case it's 100% the Zektor proaudio 16). The headphones themselves are like their own "zone" straight from the matrix out to the transmitter. If there is any latency, the built-in delay adjustments (on the lip-sync model) will accommodate for that. Output level adjustments too, etc. +1 on the Sennheiser RF units. We've used Sony too.

The analog audio source isn't really the issue here, but getting analog audio (or digital audio) to the right place is.  I'm trying to find a solution for the rooms where there isn't a cabinet under the TV to place the headphone charger base/transmitter.

Bluetooth seemed easy because I could stick a small transmitter on the back of the TV connected to analog audio out and powered by USB and then client could store and charge Bluetooth headphones anywhere convenient... just don't think Bluetooth is going to cut it because of audio delay and possible unreliability of transmitter device.

The Sennheiser/Sony RF headphones would be an easy solution if I had a place to put the transmitter/charger base.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse