Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday August 27, 2016 at 20:48
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
The more I'm reading about BT it sounds like it might be a no-go due to latency.  I've read about APTX which reduces latency to around 100ms, but that's still going to be good enough.

My previous go-to solution was the Sennheiser Set840 which looks like it's still available, but not really sure how I'd wire to the base station for the two TVs without any furniture under them.

I have conduit paths back to the rack from both TVs so I could extend analog audio back to the rack, but then headphones will be out of range from the transmitters and transmitter/base really needs to be in the room to make it convenient for charging the headphones.

There's no way to get wire from the TV to another area in the viewing room at the existing job, but I could pre-wire analog wiring for the other job.

Bluetooth seems like such a simple and elegant solution until you bring up audio delay and transmitter & pairing reliability issues.

Budget is probably up to $1k per TV, but it has to work all the time, every time.  Not the type of clients that are willing to mess around pressing buttons to power transmitters back on or re-pair BT headphones.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse