Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday August 27, 2016 at 19:40
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
I have two jobs where I need to provide headphones for television viewing.  One is a new project and the second is retrofit into an existing install.

In the past I've used Sennheiser RF headphones connected to AVR or TV out, but wondering if something like a bluetooth transmitter might be a better solution.

It's a total of three TVs.  One has local AVR and sources in cabinet below with conduit path to TV... the other two televisions are connected to equipment in racks 100ft+ away.

Setting up the traditional Sennheiser RF headphones with charging base isn't really an option for the two TVs distributed from the rack because they're both just TVs and soundbars on the wall with no furniture below for the headphone charger/transmitter.

TVs have USB and analog audio out + toslink audio out... not positive if the analog audio out is fixed or variable (or user selectable) so was thinking about maybe a USB powered Bluetooth transmitter.

Cost isn't really an issue, but operation has to be bullet-proof.

I did some forum searches and most posts were a couple years old and talked about bluetooth transmitters that shut down when idle or if power is lost and required pressing a button to turn back on/pairing issues.

Does anyone have a solution they've tested and found to work well?
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse