The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Friday August 26, 2016 at 11:14
rmalbers
Founding Member
October 2001
On August 25, 2016 at 07:51, Shane1 said...
I have direct line of sight. I have the RG6 going straight into a HDHomeRun Connect box. All this box does is just send the signal onto the home network and it acts like two tuners. The HDHomeRun is then connected to my router so it can pass the signal to the network so my Kodi Media Player can put it up on the tv.

So no splitters or amplification.

Later today after work I am going to put the RG6 straight into the TV as it has a built in tuner and see what the reception is like.

This is a very good idea, running the antenna/coax right to your TV for a test. If it were me, I would use a good quality splitter and run a coax to the TV and one to your HDHomeRun tuner (I actually do this). It is great to have a backup to the HDHomeRun in case you have a network issue, like I did two days ago when a power blip took out the lan card in my pc. Anyway, with the direct connect to the TV you will be able to rule out the antenna/coax (or not). If the direct connect works fine you can then try to figure out if it's your network or Kodi box that is the cause of the pixel issues.

Last edited by rmalbers on August 28, 2016 11:20.

Hosting Services by ipHouse