The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday August 24, 2016 at 21:45
rguy1
Long Time Member
March 2010
Looking for a user friendly solution for our new tiny restaurant.
Seriously, 604 square feet!!!

No video, no tv's!

The dining room is very intimate, 13' X 23', with 6 cheapy NXG inwall 8" 3 ways (new old stock) leftovers from my CI days, mounted in the ceiling, currently 3 per right and 3 per left channels. Wired series parallel to keep the amp happy. It had only 2 - 6" round 2 ways previously and I didn't want to pull a bunch of new wire for home runs for each of the 6 new speakers I installed... Flat roof, no access, blah, blah, blah...

I installed an 8" dvc in the restroom.

Installed 4 TIC 8" in ground landscape speakers and 2 of the TIC 8" in ground landscape subs.
I have a QSC RMX850 that I have running the outdoor landscape speakers via 2 pulls of 14/4 burial grade wire and it sounds adequate, obviously plenty of power.
Running at 4 ohms.

2, again cheapy, 8" 2 way outdoor rated enclosure speakers in the kitchen so our cooks can rock out when prepping and also have tunes during service.

2 old used Niles 6" 2 way outdoor speakers a customer gave me years ago under the soffit above the entry to the restaurant.

Using a new Onkyo TX-8160 stereo rcvr for the headend control unit that has all the streaming crap built in; Pandora, Spotify, Bluetooth, network, etc., controllable from whatever smart device you want; i.e. iPhone, iPad, etc. It has main zone amplified, A & B outputs, and zone 2 rca fixed output. Each, independent, source wise, (main and zone 2) from each other. Using an old Niles SSVC-2 fed from speaker B amplified output to control the restroom speaker and the entry/soffit speakers. Main zone amplified output to the 6 dining room speakers.

All in all, it sounds great but... I want better control over all! Remotely!

So my question is simply this.

What would you use for source, control, amplification? Everything is low impedance, not 70 volt.
I am ok with replacing whatever I have on the head end. I think all the speakers I have in place are adequate, if not overkill, but I was trying to create an intimate space, audio wise.

I would love to have a more user friendly/elegant way to control the whole pile.

How's that for a puzzle?
I am sure some will just flame me and that's ok. Just remember, I got out of the biz when hdmi could still be ignored... Hahaha!!!

Thanks! Erik

Hosting Services by ipHouse