The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Tuesday August 23, 2016 at 20:50
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On August 23, 2016 at 19:28, Bubby said...
Seems like a lot of those keypads are just programming loads, not scenes.

I read his post and the bit about 4 bedrooms stuck in my mind so i immediately started thinking about keypads in bedrooms. I didn't even respond about "global scenes". (what i call scenes that control lights in more than one area).

The room button at the top is a scene. Most of the houses have 2-10 loads in each room so "Kitchen" or "Bedroom 1" is a scene where we choose the loads included and the levels they should start up at.

The main reason we break out "important" loads is because clients always want to adjust just the lamp or only turn on the sconces or chandelier (for example). Some clients pretty much just want an ON/OFF for each room while others will put 4 keypads in the family room just so they have individual control over all the fixtures.

For example, at the top of the steps going to my basement, there is a button called Evening. It turns on the kick lights on the stairs and sets the HT lighting to the TV level. (Some day I am going to get it to turn on the components.) There is another button called Entertain and it does the same two plus turns on the Pool Table Light, Bar light and bathroom Toe lights.

Those to me are scenes.

Over the last 3 or 4 years Global Scene (home away entertain evening etc) control usually ends up at a second keypad near entrances. So instead of just the typical room control keypad there is a double (or more) gang box where a second keypad does the global scenes. The global scenes also end up on the touchpanels.

Years ago we did 2 gang keypads. One side was a 3 button ON-OFF-FAN (if a fan existed) and then the other keypad was a catch all for scenes/shades/loads/door unlock (for controlled locks) etc. That was a hard sell...not because of the cost but because no one wants to see 2 keypads anywhere.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse