The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday August 22, 2016 at 22:00
w.a.r.t.
Lurking Member
August 2016
ive been burned by more than one tech out there - seems like when you ship something out of state only God can protect you - and he's busy.

readytech - chris ready stole somewhere near $5k in bullcrap restorations.

quad bob in california - 2 qrx9001 receivers - and a qrx7001....smoked.

so as i continued to buy vintage gear - because i have the money and the desire....but i wanted a tech near me.

i got cancer and ended up selling a bunch of stuff to make sense of the medical bills - i was getting rid of some sansui paraphernalia - the clock - some signs - the real posters....et cetera. he contacted me - said he was local - about an hour and he'd like to see what all ive got.....so i invited him over.

with a scribble-tex pad and a few hours he left with a lot of gear - all in need of repair - and he left with all of my sansui collection....and i went back to bed.

after being burned before...i was mentally prepared for it again....but i also was storing this stuff in a basement that has a bad habit of leaking....so i felt if it all disappeared, then my loss - but at least it wasnt going to the city dump.

in short - brent has gotten me my first load of restorations - the sanyo jcx2900k receiver - laugh if you want at sanyo - trust me, being a sansui person.....i never considered sanyo as anything but junk - but reading threads about "sleepers" out there i pounced on a few that i thought looked nice and were impeccably clean - jcx2900, jcx2600, jcx2400 and the 2050....i also bought the sanyo plus 75....but i hated it upon arrival.

i bought the tp600sa turntable x 2 ....but one was destroyed in shipping.

anyways - got the jcx2900 back today - with the tp600sa - and i bought a pair of JBL 4311 speakers from him - all of this completely restored.

came home and ran the speaker wire and plugged up the bluray/cd player - and played 2 of my tester CDs....Soundgarden and the Cult - needless to say.....a job very well done.

thanks Brent - you had all my gear - and my payment - and i had a little faith - and you came through....in neon blue flying colors.

if i could figure out how to post a picture - i would....or will.  it might make you rethink sanyo....or at least the jcx line of receivers.

faith restored in mankind.

william
w.a.reid....for all of your landscape needs

Hosting Services by ipHouse