The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Saturday August 20, 2016 at 21:19
DavidinCT
Long Time Member
September 2008
On August 20, 2016 at 15:06, buzz said...
WiFi routers are easy to swap or bypass. As you setup your RFX9400, use channel 1, 6, or 11. It is probably best to use a different channel than your WiFi, but in very cluttered areas same channel may work best.

As Lyndel indicated, in ad-hoc mode, the TSU9400 has no access to the WiFi network nor will the RFX9400 provide network access for the TSU9400.

If you continue with the TSU9400 in WiFi mode, experiment with your router's b/g/n compatibility settings. You might find a combination that is more compatible with Pronto, but at the expense of speed for the other clients.

---

I'm not doing much with Pronto at present, certainly not any new Pronto systems, but just this week I'm swapping a customer's DVD player and adding ROKU to a Pronto controlled system. Yes, that slow WiFi logon issue is growing stale. The system is located in an urban, crowded WiFi area and the TSU9600 is struggling. Once the connection has been established, it works well -- till the connection times out. We plan to swap out the Pronto. We'll be using a pad. While I can certainly get a more modern looking user interface on the pad, I miss the hard buttons. Curiously, customers don't seem to miss the hard buttons -- especially the younger ones who are always looking for excuses to stroke their pad.

I don't have a TSU9400, I have a TSU9600...and I am looking for a TSU9800 once I find one for the right price I will be upgrading (I am assuming the 9800 was the best pronto made)

Hosting Services by ipHouse