The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday August 18, 2016 at 19:17
playitagain
Lurking Member
August 2016
Built a house two years ago, and pre-wired for flush mount ceiling speakers inside and a few out. From my hub room, I have two pairs of speaker wires and a cat 5e running to each room. Cat5e stops in a 1-gang wall box in each room. Speaker wire also goes to the 1-gang, but then continues to the speakers. I need advice on a proposed setup. Once caveat. I do not have unlimited internet, and thus can;t have streaming be my primary audio source.

My audio sources are the following:

1. Satellite TV
2. Local NAS device with many MP3s
3. Amazon Prime Music (locally downloaded to several different android devices)

Components considering:

1. Sonos Connect
and
2. Nuvo Essentia with 1-gang wall controls

The vision is this:

Able to use a Wi-fi enabled devices with the Sonos app, and possibly use the wall based controls to select music from sources to speakers in specific rooms, or all rooms.

Is there a way to make this work? I assume the Essentia doesn't so much as integrate with the Sonos App as it does simply treat it as a source? If that is the case, it is true that I can't really control anything except volume with the wall controls?

Also, can the Sonos connect take music from my NAS, and from Amazon Music (locally downloaded).. again, I need to avoid internet streaming.

Thanks for any advice!

Hosting Services by ipHouse