The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Monday August 15, 2016 at 19:50
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
You've got two choices: an arrow like the 7210, or a sail like the 4228.

(Amir named the third choice, but it's not much of a choice unless it works! It definitely has a) the proper price and b) the proper amount of research time.)

But another issue disqualifies everything else suggested. In LA, ABC 7 is actually on 7! And 9 is on 9. As you might guess, 11 and 13 are on 11 and 13. This suggests the Channel Master 2016, a smallish UHF antenna with a couple of added elements for upper band UHF.Oh, yeah, come to think of it, that's exactly the backup antenna I have on my roof at 215th Street... that gives an idea of its range.

Meanwhile, before I remembered we need to get upper band VHF, I wrote:
There's a short arrow, the ChannelMaster Stealthtenna. It says 50 miles, so maybe.

ChannelMaster's marketing geniuses are now calling the 4228 by the name Extremetenna 80 and citing a range of 80 miles. Now, the 4228 has four identical sections, and smaller versions, literally one and two of the four sections found in the 4228, are the Metrotenna 40 and the Ultratenna 60. Those numbers are supposed ranges. I think you should try the Stealthtenna! It's really small!

Beware: in LA, ABC 7 is actually on 7! And 9 is on 9. As you might guess, 11 and 13 are on 11 and 13. This suggests the Channel Master 2016.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse