The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday August 10, 2016 at 13:46
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
We've used a couple of them as CCTV monitors and have not had performance problems, but they also have not seemed like they were necessarily as high quality as low-end Sharps. I mean, if Sharp had a low-end TV, wouldn't anyone selling it want to count on the brand name to squeeze an extra couple of bucks out of it, instead of putting it in a plain wrapper with a no-name brand on it?

I can also add something not exactly on topic, but perhaps representative: The mount that the ADI guy said was proper for the 32 inchers that we bought could not work with it. The VESA pattern on the TV was 100mm x 100mm and the mount could not attach to TVs with mounting holes closer together than about six inches. Yesterday, to mount one of these, I went to the van and located the 5" square cheap cheap Electrograph* flat mount that's been helping smooth my ride for a couple of years.

*That's how you know how long it's been in the van!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse