Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday August 2, 2016 at 00:59
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
FYI...

Chief confirmed that they no longer carry or repair this item. They have no replacement for it.

While troubleshooting i discovered that the mount isn't going into its home position. I did a couple of things that seem to have resolved it...at least for now.

#1. I removed the mount and installed 3/4" plywood that will sit between the mount and the cabinet back wall. The plywood acts as a standoff giving me more space behind the mount.

I did this because we have so many cables/widgets behind the TV that the arms were actually hitting a bundle of cables. While the mount was out i rerouted cables and removed a wall plate that was getting in the way. The 3/4" of extra space also helps with this.

#2. I adjusted the limit screw so that the TV hits the new "home" position which is about 3 inches from totally flat like it used to be. Now i am apx 3 3/4" away from the back wall with nothing interfering. Apx 30 tests of turning the system on and off with zero failures.

The main issue i had was that there are two moving mechanisms. The chief mount and a moving cabinet door that covers the TV. Programming has it so the Chiefs home position sends the "door down" command. When the chief wasnt going all the way home the door would stay up.

I imagine that as the chief mount gets older it will have to be fine tuned again and at some point it will have to be replaced. Hopefully thats in like 10 years and its someone elses problem :).
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse