The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Thursday July 28, 2016 at 19:15
BobL
Founding Member
March 2002
I just had one of those coincidences. Yesterday a customer calls and asks me how to put his new Roku into his remote. Tells me the Roku is connected to HDMI 3 of his receiver. Now this is an MD and states he writes code for their medical programs. He has an MX-450.

I start talking him through how to put the code in the remote. His remote hasn't been updated in a couple of years so the code for Roku is not in the remote. I know it is available for it. I tell him he can learn all the keys or download the archiver software and update the remote so it has the latest IR codes. He asks if this is all he has to do. I explain after adding the device he still has to set the volume and on/off buttons with the copy and paste command. Then create the 'macro' to go through the sequence needed for the TV and receiver to go to the correct inputs and surround settings. He doesn't know what I mean by macro. I explain it to him.

After 15 minutes on the phone with him he says "When can you come here and do this? I know it will only take you 10-15 minutes". I went there today and spent about 1/2 hour.

This is obviously a very intelligent man. But I think people underestimate that these remotes take more time then they realize and the support by URC or any other company would also be greater than people realize.

Hosting Services by ipHouse