Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Wednesday July 27, 2016 at 07:51
davet2020
February 2005
On July 20, 2016 at 10:11, SRTShaker said...
^^^^^
Did you even read my post? URCs policy is poorly enforced. Some dealers give out the software, some do not. Sometimes URC makes exceptions, sometimes not. That is what I am saying, URC is the real issue here, not the consumers. The resale value of the remotes are very poor due the stigma of obtaining the CCP. I just purchased a MX-5000 NIB on ebay for $ 124.00. That is a $ 1000 remote in Best Buy. The smart consumer benefits be buying wisely and putting his time in. As far as hiring a "pro" to program something as simple as this remote. It is never going to happen in my circles. So lost revenue is a non issue, since they were not getting it anyway. It is obvious we differ in opinion and that is what makes this forum great. Let us leave it at that.

FYI.. In my tenure as a Defense Contractor many companies tried over the years to bid and win the contracts that I was awarded over and over again. They were not successful. The reason was simply, the automation systems I designed were very complex, in accordance with ABS and Coast Guard guidelines, and took years to get all the approvals required for US Navy Mil Specs. EE degrees were required just to view the bid requirements, the prospective bidders had to be certified by my company to even bid the contracts and had to pass my 2 year certification program. Some passed, many did not. The Navy felt who better to maintain the Automation Systems than the man who designed, built and installed them. That would be me and my company. All my employees were EEs and all signed confidentiality and non compete agreements. The policies laid out were Strictly enforced by the US Navy and Dept of Defense. The integrity of my Automation Systems were meticulously maintained over the years and the Naval Vessels safety and performance record reflects that.

URC does not do this and that is the point I am trying to convey.
URC doesn't properly enforce its own policy and the consumers exploit this. It is not illegal, though perhaps morally wrong. It just is what it is. It is too open ended.

A major reason URC stopped handing out CCP software with their remotes was because of the time spent and money spent on tech support for people who bought the remote and had no clue on what they were doing. SRTShaker and other like him with an IT background can grasp what is necessary but that does not mean that the average Joe is going to be able to understand it.

Then when the remote did not work like they wanted they gave up and would go on-line and tell everyone about what a crappy remote it was.

I doubt whether your previous company would have liked to support a tech support department getting questions asked by Navy personnel with no knowledge of automation systems.
If you are going to do the job...why not do it the right way?
www.fairfaxavi.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse