The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Monday July 25, 2016 at 22:19
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On July 25, 2016 at 11:16, bobli said...
My RF performance is very good but not perfect, I don't see any interference on the RF antenna but I certainly don't see 100% reliability, do you? I'm probably getting 95%, maybe a little better. Sometimes I will initiate a macro, all of which are stored in my MSC-400, and the only thing that happens is the MX-1200 changes pages (i.e. no commands are issued). This usually doesn't happen but it's not an extremely rare event either. Same thing with individual commands stored in the remote.

As for the MX-5000, I've heard far more bad than good and, at this point, it's discontinued so considering using it is not really an option. I'd love to see URC bring out a reliable IP based remote and make it available to end users (part of Complete Control). I'm not aware of any way to integrate IP based commands for an end user other than using a phone or tablet along with URC's mobile app. For me, this has no appeal as I don't want an entirely touch based approach. Maybe there's just no demand for an IP based remote with hard keys? With so much equipment now utilizing IP commands, this type of remote seems very desirable, but since I don't know of any, by any manufacturer, I guess it's not.

100% reliability.

Hosting Services by ipHouse