Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Saturday July 23, 2016 at 17:52
BizarroTerl
October 2002
On July 21, 2016 at 11:52, bobli said...
"it is fast and it is reliable"? This isn't something I've heard regarding the MX-5000. In late 2014, I was searching for a replacement for my ancient MX-3000 and I strongly considered the MX-5000. While it lacks a numerical keypad, and the colored buttons, I was very interested in the ability to control IP devices, however, the feedback I received when asking for opinions on a replacement generally stated the MX-5000 was slow with the biggest problem being lag time (i.e. you pick up the remote and then have to wait for it to have network access before you can issue commands). Do you feel this is an incorrect assessment of the MX-5000? Ultimately, I decided to go with the MX-1200. It works very well, however, today all of my equipment is IP controllable and having a remote that could control the equipment via IP, without a base station, and without emitters, would be fantastic.

There is a lag. If I pick it up and start tapping the button I can get the 1st or 2nd taps not going through. This is if I start hitting it fast. I don't find it noticeable unless I'm in a real rush. After the slight initial delay it is then much faster and much more reliable than using a base station ie MS400. When I was using a MS400 it would usually miss the first tap and if I wanted to go fast (ie tapping the up or down key to quickly go through a list) it could miss every other (sometimes more) tap. Comparing a MX-5000 controlling a Tivo or Kodi box via RF (through a MS400) and via IP is a night and day difference.

Part of making this happen is in the settings of the MX-5000. You need to set the sleep timers properly. You also need a good, solid WAP/router that is set up properly.

Hosting Services by ipHouse