The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Tuesday July 19, 2016 at 18:02
SRTShaker
Long Time Member
June 2016
I though about it, but my main business is servers, domain controllers and networking, etc.. The remote programming is really just a hobby that I do for clients that I became friendly with and have sold them a video server and a few Dunes. The client last night had a Control 4 system just for his HT and AC. We ripped it out due to the price gouging by the dealer he had used in the past. They are very protective of their software as well. All I wanted to do was add a Dune player to his theater setup and program the Control 4 remote. The dealer wanted to come out and do it so we declined. That was the last straw for my client. We took out the Control 4, Purchased a MX-1200 at Best Buy and put in a Nest Thermostat and got rid of Control 4 which was problematic in the past. Problem solved. The Control 4 dealer changed his tune when I sent a photo of his equipment in the garage! Too late. I have several clients that have the same installer and Control 4 systems at the Golf Club and all are fed up with him. Once my client plays golf with his buddies more Control 4 systems will be ripped out and the dealer will lose more business. He has ripped these men off too many times.
I've paid for my sins. We're even!

Hosting Services by ipHouse