The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday July 10, 2016 at 16:06
trevcda
Long Time Member
October 2008
Put in a touchscreen that is completely programmable. I used an old JBL Sythesis (Lexicon) touchscreen that I got for a song. There are much better remotes but that one should be a reasonable cost these days. Programmable buttons mean they only see what they need to see, when they need to see it and macros mean they don't have to remember a sequence of button pushes to do something. If you or someone you know has access to an RTI remote or other pro remote, get the discreet commands for the devices you're using, so you can directly access inputs and on is always on and off is always off (no toggling power command). Using macros you can also program in favorite channels. It's complicated on the back end, but really easy to operate once it's programmed.

Added:  I just realized that this is the consumer forum.  The above suggestion is still a good one, but requires a bit of programming skill.  As an RTI dealer and programmer I know how I've done this in the past.  You may want to involve a professional.  It is certainly doable if you feel like digging in and learning something new, though.

Last edited by trevcda on July 10, 2016 16:17.
All my favorite things turn money into noise...

Hosting Services by ipHouse