The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday June 30, 2016 at 14:33
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
I have hundreds of remotes out there, mostly MX900, MX780, and MX890s. I have not come across a single one with faded buttons. I did have a couple TRC1080s in the TC lineup that did have the buttons chip, but that was a known issue and URC stepped up to the plate and replaced them. MX900 is light years better than the 850 and just as reliable. The only issue is the known button problem where the keypad wears and does not make proper contact. A simply swap of the keypad and its as good as new. These keypads are available from URC and VERY inexpensive. This remote give you true/false variables, the ability to have more than 2 main pages, long lasting battery life, and feels good in the hand.

The MX780 works like the 900 in terms of programming. It has a color screen and is a little smaller. You can set the button light turn off time, as well as the screen if you wish to have the remote batteries last longer. Most I have out there seems to last 4 or 5 months on a set. If kids are using it or an extreme channel flipper, a little less.

For a more powerful solution and more customization, step up to the 890. Best feeling remote in the hand I have ever used. Ergonomically, its just fantastic IMHO. You can do some custom graphics if you wish to to stand out. You can purchase some themes and graphics from some places as well, like blackmancustoms.com. You can program string variables and do some more powerful stuff, and can also utilize the built in clock features, which REALLY were great when coupled with the URC lighting that sadly were discontinued. Before switching to Total Control and Ra2, my MX890 handled all the schedules for my outdoor lighting.

Like I said, the MX850 was a great remote in its time. But two main pages, limit to 5 characters per button, no variables, serial connection. Its time for it to be put out to pasture.

Hosting Services by ipHouse