The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday June 18, 2016 at 02:57
Baloo
Lurking Member
June 2016
Hi. Longtime lurker. I'm considering replacing my 10-plus-year-old MX 700. It came bundled with my Parasound controller and the (audio) shop did not have a clue how to program it, but did give me the software so I learned how to do it myself. Programmed numerous set top boxes, DVD players, CD players, TVs, etc. over the years and I really love this remote. It's perfect for what I need it for and am used to it's simplicity and ease of use and fairly ease of programming. It's been rock solid and I could always find configs, hex, or simply learn codes I couldn't find, and the 850 looks like a logical step up. My 700 is starting to show it's age, and with a recent TV provider change and the accompanying Pace IPH 8010 set top box, I'm running into the toggle bit issue. I guess I could wait till this box is more in widespread use then find hex codes someone posts to do it, but I think the contacts are starting to wear so probably a good time to just replace it.

Anyway, am I right in what I've read that 850 will correctly learn this protocol? Also, this Complete Control/Total Control/Consumer distinction of this brand and who I can buy from confuses me. If I buy from Amazon, from seller "UNIVERSAL REMOTE" I assume I am buying directly from UR, yes? And I will be able to download the software from their site? Or do I need to find a dealer and go that way? And, are there any dealers here if I have to do that? I just need the remote and the software. Don't really need any professional services.

Thanks,
RJ

Hosting Services by ipHouse