The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 78 made on Saturday June 11, 2016 at 11:19
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On June 11, 2016 at 00:49, Brad Humphrey said...
I've had the opposite. Most recent comparison was on the house I pulled one of those Harmony RF hubs out and it was getting horrible reception (missed commands were frequent). Put in the cheap MRF-260 and they worked fine without much playing around needed.
And URC has the MRF-350 you can step up to, if you do run into a problem RF job.

The missed commands almost sounds like new equipment was added and nobody went into the section for determining how it was to be commanded, which leaves it in IR mode.

This is one area where consumers and installers fail at setting up a remote properly, then they complain that it doesn't work. Not saying you failed, but it may have been set up by another installer and it gave you an opportunity to make some money. Bad installers/installation are a good opportunity for the rest of us and as long as it doesn't become too common, the industry won't get a bad image.

I know of one who has no use for universal remotes and he has called me to make changes to a few Harmony remotes. Nobody had a clue about the login password, but that's easy enough to get from Harmony.

I don't mind charging for this.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse