The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 74 made on Friday June 10, 2016 at 22:23
andrewinboulder
Select Member
August 2003
On June 8, 2016 at 22:00, highfigh said...
I have seen far more user error than equipment failures and the RF has worked great. In the systems that had the 1000, I can operate the equipment from their patio and the rear exterior wall is 16" thick masonry with a sun room between me and the den. The Den's RF extender is in the basement below the TV, the extender for the whole house is on the backside of the bottom cabinet below the TV. They move throughout the first floor when they use the house system remote. Another 1100 was in a large house, again with 16" thick exterior walls and they liked to take the remote outside when they're on the deck. Now, they can leave the remote and take their smart phones outside AND control what they listen to.

I used one NextGen IR spaceship POS and it was terrible. Barely passed through drywall.

BTW- the MX-780 cost is higher than the Elite and the Elite comes with the hub. At $400, I don't know how you're making money on the URC.

I still have a Harmony from 2003 and it works. It has been dropped several times- how about those MX-700s, which I know are like a boxer with a glass jaw?

A lot of the older Harmony's were very unreliable - like the Pro whatever it was - kind of a figure 8 shape.

I would take the Harmony RF over the MRF-260 RF - when you have to locate the RF module inside a cabinet full of gear any day.

Hosting Services by ipHouse