Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 58 made on Wednesday June 8, 2016 at 16:21
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
Since we have some serious Harmony fan boys on here, let me ask this... How is the reliability!

Because every Harmony I have come across in the field, I replaced with either URC or RTI. Because the customer complained about what a POS the remote was. The RF sucked! And several that had just out right failed!
You know how many URC or RTI remotes that I have had fail? Not counting the problem models which I knew about and never sold.
I still have customers with RTI T2+ remotes that refuse to upgrade because they still work great. And I have a few customers with URC MX700s in the same boat (despite that quirky middle stick, they still love them).
These remotes are 15 or more years old!
Let's see a POS Harmony 'consistently' do that.

And $400! LMAO
I can do a URC MX-780 with MRF-260 base for that same price. How much IR routing do you get with the Harmony....  yeah. And although the RF isn't as good on the MRF260 as the MRF350, I'm sure (in my experience) it beats the Harmony.
2-year warranty on Harmony? You'll need it!
App control, OK URC will add cost here but 'How's that interface for Harmony again?'
And finally... How much is my cost in that $400 from Harmony. I know how much my cost is on the URC $400. *This being sarcasm, I have no doubt I would make more than double what I would with the Harmony*

OH! Expandability. When the customer out grows their Harmony Elite/Pro, what do they upgrade to? Ah, they can't!
Everyone else has upgrade paths to bigger & better for customers.

Oh! And as someone mentioned above, programming is completely in the cloud. How many discussions have we had on the different forums about how this is a BAD thing! Allowing access and changes 'thru' the cloud is one thing. But to have to totally rely on a company's servers, for what is one of your biggest sections of your business... F^n stupid. It would be a cold day in hell for me.

Another thing: Precision IR kit? LOL WTF! How is a 4 head IR emitter 'Precision'? Look = NextGen has got you beat:
[Link: amazon.com]

Last edited by Brad Humphrey on June 8, 2016 16:47.

Hosting Services by ipHouse