The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 53 made on Wednesday June 8, 2016 at 14:50
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On June 8, 2016 at 11:17, Trunk-Slammer -Supreme said...
URC has a crap database, but good remotes.

Here we have the inverse....

I gave a couple Harmony remotes to a couple of my clients. When called to ask their opinion, I was asked what they should do with "That POS!".

Never had the thought of selling one after that experiment.

And who programmed these remotes? No details about the clients' ability or willingness to learn to program, learn, adapt- never stops people from having an opinion, though. Did you show them how to do anything with them? Which model(s) of remote? That makes a big difference. If it was the 300, I would agree. Some of the older ones were pretty weak, too.

I have seen a lot of complaints about ProControls and URC, as well as other brands. The one that seems pretty blameless is Pronto but I don't think anyone was running out for Nevo, UEI or the others. Harmony never tried to be the top of the hill and nobody is saying they are but for many, the Elite, Companion and their hub will work well. They also have a remote that can pair with the hub and act as a secondary controller, the way the Companion does. I don't know of another remote that works via IR, BT and IP, for the price of this series. They either do, or will, control the Amazon Echo by voice command, too. Let's see where this goes.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse