Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Tuesday June 7, 2016 at 12:08
BF Home Tech
Long Time Member
January 2013
Yes, I do use Harmony remotes.
Why? Because I know their limitations, and I make sure that I don't need to do something that they can't do for me. They also have a very expedited timeframe for supporting other devices such as Caseta and Hue lighting. Can I ask my Amazon Echo to turn on the living room to Watch Tivo? With the Harmony gear, why yes, yes I can. With URC, Procontrol, RTI, Crestron, and anything else.... Why no, no I can't. Could I use IFTTT with DASH and have Total Control do it? Probably, but that is an extra add-on, which costs.

Almost everyone on this board act like they only service clients that have 3.5 million dollar homes to start at a minimum... Bullshit. The name of the game is to be flexible. You don't need to offer a remote control that can control the pool temperature and just happens to cost $2500 when you really need to turn on a TV and a cable box.

I'd rather give people systems that work well and cost a reasonable price and now be their go-to guy for anything electronics related than milk people for every penny they have and never hear from them again.
Jordan DiCaprio
Virginia Smart Homes
757-692-6994

Hosting Services by ipHouse