Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday June 6, 2016 at 17:52
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
I use Procontrol Pro24r remotes on any of my systems that will require special programming or a client who wants a more comfortable user interface but for a guy who has me over to hang a TV and set up his home theatre in a box, it's just not realistic to get them to spend that kind of money on the remote and programming. In this situation I like the Harmony 650.

Lots of people here will crow about how they would never.... Or you'd never catch me.... Or no REAL CI would EVER use a Harmony, but honestly for the price there's nothing out there anywhere near as good. Their support is very good. They set up very quickly. So for my budget conscious clients I have no problem recommending one when the alternative is a handful of remotes. People like them.

Once you get in to the features that their higher priced remotes offer I prefer to get into a CI remote like the Pro24r. Even though it's an entry level CI remote it has a lot of power and is infinitely customizable. The Harmonys trap you in their end user intended interface and that slows things down big time when you want to do custom stuff or over come any hick ups.

For basic systems Harmony is just fine. I wish the Harmony One was still available.

You make nothing on the product but the customers are happy.

Craig.
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse