Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday June 1, 2016 at 02:50
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
As hdsystems says:
On June 1, 2016 at 01:59, SammPX said...
4 rg6 quad solid copper 3ghz at the dish

Speaking of the dish, I just finised a project where we ran 4 to the dish stubbed out of the side of a chimney. 8 foot ladder got you on the roof and a couple steps up and around the corner to the dish. DirecTV guy says he can't install because he can't go on the roof. Is this something new now that att has taken over?

This is mentioned in another thread, along with prohibitions against going under houses. I first ran across the roof thing about two years ago, when an installer insisted she could put the dish anywhere that she could reach from the ladder, and it was company policy not to allow them on the roofs any more.

One general thing to note about dishes on roofs, though, is that they don't have to be up high AT ALL. It's nice to have them out of sight and they have to have a clear shot at the bird, but they could be on the ground if nobody got in their way. I once did one two feet off the ground inside a pool equipment enclosure.

So don't spend a single moment trying to figure out how to get a dish high up on a roof.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse