The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Saturday May 28, 2016 at 18:51
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On May 28, 2016 at 17:42, Ernie Gilman said...
Lessee here...
High end home with subwoofers, so good quality equipment with lots of power, especially in the subs.
Amateur singers with wireless microphones, so people who don't know how to hold a microphone (see [Link: soundreason.org]), are likely to drop the microphone by accident and, recently, sometimes on purpose.

This tells me there will be blown speakers if you're using home audio equipment. You need VERY sturdy speakers, made for the pops and such that singers and especially amateurs will deliver. You might not blow the subs with underpowered amps, but when an amp clips, there's excessive high frequency audio, which can blow tweeters.

Use equipment made for the purpose. The cheap way out, or using stuff not made for PA, will teach you how PA equipment differs from home hifi.

If the system has good compression/limiting and some kind of gate for when ol' fumble fingers drops the mic or some nimrod decides that it's funny to drop it because they saw someone on the internet do it, this shouldn't be a problem.

The real problem is that a Karaoke machine through a good system often sounds like crap because they're not necessarily designed for that kind of fidelity.

I don't know if VocoPro has a unit that uses an iPad app to control it, but they work well with IR, so some kind of IP-based hub would be a no-brainer for this. Forcing the audio to travel too far to be free from glitches is the tricky part.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse