The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Tuesday May 17, 2016 at 02:14
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On May 16, 2016 at 23:02, juliejacobson said...
On the other stuff ... I have no clue what you're talking about, sorry.

Let me splain it to you. Useta be that when I clicked on a story, I got a splash page from CEPro advertising something. I could mouse up to the top right of the page, click SKIP, and move right on to the article I want.

Nowadays, the SKIP link is no longer in the top right corner. It's in the middle below the thing you're pushing. I have to scroll down to make it appear so that I can SKIP directly to the article.

The other thing I was talking about is like this: Let's say an article is 40 lines long. Your web page shows (on my screen) the first 25 lines. To read more, I click down in the scroll bar. The page jumps down, but now the top line is line 29. I have to scroll back up a bit to see lines 26, 27, and 28. These numbers aren't exact but demonstrate the nature of what it does.

So... there's a problem somewhere. If the problem is that my monitor does not show as many lines as it should, then maybe it's the monitor's fault that the SKIP link in your splash page doesn't appear at the bottom of the screen.

If that doesn't make it clear, that's okay. We've all just spent more time on it than it's worth.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse