The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday May 16, 2016 at 17:13
Ron Zimmerman
Founding Member
July 2001
As per my previous post, I have a MX-850 Orion that is on its last legs after a 20+ year career. I have bought a Harmony Elite to replace it, and have programmed it. However it does not have many discrete codes that I have on my MX-850 from a download of files from your web site. I can’t get the serial to USB connection to change the MX-850. It will connect if I push the input pin in a certain direction. I have started an update but it stops in the middle with an error so I believe it is internal to the MX-850. Many of the buttons also do not work. I would really like to learn the discretes to the Elite but I have the Mx-850 discrete codes in RF mode only, and have been unable to change it. I have tried to use an IR emitter from the MRF-300 to learn a code to several learning remotes but it doesn’t work. I can see it is broadcasting IR and it works when connected to the receiver, but it can’t be learned. The MX-850 with some IR codes does work directly when the other remote is in learning mode. What is different with the IR coming out of the blaster versus directly from the MX-850? The codes come from MXD files I downloaded from this web site. Is there any way to get the MXD files into the format Logitech would need to add them to their database? I downloaded the yam-advantage -2000 files suggested by a previous responder, but it doesn’t have discrete codes for HDMI out 1 and HDMI out 2, only a toggle. I also need party on and party off instead of a toggle. Both this discretes are in a MXD file.Thank you for your help.

Hosting Services by ipHouse