The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday May 9, 2016 at 20:21
tryptych
Lurking Member
March 2010
I'm looking for suggestions on PVR software for my Haugpaugge HVR-950 TV-Tuner on Win10. I want something with a guide that lists what show is on each channel. I am using OTA only, no cable. Back in the day I used to use Windows Media Center but now it is not included in Windows 10, and I don't think it had the EPG features I want. As an alternative I have tried:

- NextPVR: absolute garbage, did not work for me
- Kodi: requires a backend for TV, which means it's pretty much useless for me
- MediaPortal: absolute garbage, horrible interface, I instantly hated this program and I curse the people that designed the GUI
- SageTV: garbage, does not work, no longer in development,
- MythTV: garbage, requires you to compile from source, no thanks
- SichboPVR: hands down the winner and best PVR software I found, worked instantly with minimal setup, has a beautiful interface, BUT.... it has a fatal flaw: it only grabs program info from the over-the-air, you can't set up EPG to download from the web. This means you have to tune into a channel, THEN it tells you what show is on. If it was only able to update from the net! :(

Why, oh why, is there nobody out there building a proper PVR program?! At this point I'd be willing to shell out some $$$ to get the features I want. Does anyone know if there are any other ones I should try?

Hosting Services by ipHouse