The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday May 6, 2016 at 02:00
PSS
Select Member
December 2002
So, client wants to be able to hear what's on the Great Room's system in the Kitchen, which is within the same area (you can see the TV).
The idea is that you'll be able to easily (without any extra remote commands) listen to the TV (via volume control) without having to crank up the system in the Great Room and blasting out the Great Room.
Potential Equipment going in:
Yamaha Aventage 1050 (maybe the 2050, see below)
Fios (Frontier) stb
Apple TV
Possible bluray?
** I plan on using Yamahas Music Cast and feeding an amplifier to outdoor area, Living Room. AND Kitchen with zone 2 output. Each area will have a volume control. This presents the need for a/b switch in the Kitchen for the option to hear the Great Room or Zone 2, depending on HOW I get the Great Rooms audio feeds to the Kitchen.....
The Great Room will need to be able to stay on "surround sound" to decode whatever is playing correctly and sound right BUT at the same time feed the Kitchen as well.
Is this even possible, to get a stereo (or mono if need be) feed to the Kitchen without having to affect the main zone?
In looking at the 2050 Aventage, I see the possibility to use zone 3 or 4. I believe I can set the zone I use to main zone sync and it will always feed the Great Rooms audio to the Kitchen (via amp I'm assuming, I haven't done all the research), assuming I have that zone always turn on/ off with the main zone with macros.

Hosting Services by ipHouse