The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday May 5, 2016 at 21:04
AdamJalal91
Lurking Member
May 2016
Okay so I have an older model Speco Technologies DVR System that has 16 channels (cameras) it currently has a 500GB IDE Hard Drive in it, I am very familiar with computers and desktops, as well as taking them apart and putting them back together. I didn't even think twice when I ordered a new 2TB SATA Hard Drive to add to the DVR System as to allow more storage for recording time. The old Hard Drive is an IDE and the one I ordered is a SATA. There are already ribbons and power cables for a secondary IDE Hard Drive, there is also a power cable for a SATA HD but no SATA Data cable for the actual SATA HD. I want to know if I buy the converter (the IDE to SATA converter) will it accept the SATA Hard Drive, or will it reject it? also I would be leaving the existing IDE Hard Drive, just adding the SATA along with it to expand the recording time. I can send the SATA HDD back to disctech, although the largest IDE/PATA HDD they have is 750GB when I really want a 2 Tera Bytes instead. I just need to know if the adapter will work with the SPECO SYSTEM/IDE motherboard. Also could I just buy a SATA data cable, hook it up to the motherboard and then use that along with the SATA power cable that is already provided in the DVR ( I don't know why it has the IDE ribbons/power cable as well as a random SATA power cable without the SATA data cable) (unless it was for the hbyrid IDE/SATA/PATA Hard Drives) I'm at a loss and I need help, anyone who can help I really truly do appreciate your response and opinion. Thanks.... also I just bought the converter along with a sata data cable, I was reading somewhere else that their old motherboard with IDE Hard Drives, accepted a SATA HardDrive by using the adapter, so really I just need feedback as to whether the Speco System will reject or not read the SATA Hard Drive correctly.

Hosting Services by ipHouse