The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Wednesday May 4, 2016 at 17:50
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On May 4, 2016 at 17:42, azvanpire said...
The "problem" I was providing a solution for is unique to the bar and restaurant industry. They change channels with the Directv remote or with the Directv app. The unique problem they have is the bar owners buy the cheapest TVs on sale and end up with 6 or more different brands of TVs. So they have a bucket or box of remotes they use every morning to walk around the bar and turn on the TVs. The Bar Buddy remote replaces all those so they walk around in the morning with the one remote instead of 6 or 7. The TVs are only used as a monitor (only turned on in the morning and off at closing) so they don't have the problem of needing to control the TVs individually. If the TVs use the same IR codes, its an advantage for turning them all on in the morning or all off at closing. Most bar owners will not spend the big bucks for a Crestron or other expensive TV control system.
My mother died five years ago.

You just described the problem with your "solution". The bar owner (or employee) has to walk around and turn on all the sets with your solution. The proper solution is a control system, where they press one button a remote or keypad and everything is automated from there. THAT is the proper solution. The remote you mentioned may work, but is a DIY product and nothing that we can use. If a bar or restaurant wants a cheap solution that will result in a system that is not really a "properly built" system, then I personally walk away from the project.

Hosting Services by ipHouse