The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday April 8, 2016 at 12:38
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On April 7, 2016 at 20:46, PatMac said...
A client contacted me today regarding an issue he started having with his Directv at his workshop.

I've fooled myself in the past by not realizing that I had not characterized the problem correctly. One customer could not get certain DirecTV channels on one TV, certain other channels on a second TV, yet certain other channels on a third TV. It was horribly convoluted. I played around and found that none of those channels came in on any of the TVs, which is a different and simpler problem! There was a dish polarity issue.

In your case, are all inputs to all the TVs going wonky; except he has only one TV and one source? See, that puts a different spin on it and would make me think it's an HDMI problem.

I have never been to this location, only his home. He indicated they recently upgraded all of the 8' florescent lamps (and ballasts) with 8' LED lamps (and ballasts).

Again, characterization. Those aren't exactly ballasts, and if you name them ballasts you might lull yourself into thinking they behave the same way.

After this occurred, the flat panel Directv picture goes to snow (his description)

Snow with an HDMI setup is a known symptom.

until the new LED lamps are turned off. Then the picture is clear.

Will any one lamp and any combination of lamps make this happen? Do the screens (does the screen) look the same for all cases?

Coax and HDMI cables are approximately 15' away from the nearest LED lamps.

But power wiring and grounds for all ultimately are connected together at the same box. The "furthest away" you can get, electronically, is feeding from the two different polarities of 120VAC in the normal 120-0-120 house power setup. Every other bit of "isolation" is just a wire run except for power strip surge suppression.

Contact Brent about this if he doesn't chime in a few days before you're going out there.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse