Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday April 3, 2016 at 17:49
mdavej
December 2002
Then go with the first option I posted, emailing the codes if they are missing. Most discretes are in the Harmony database already, but there are exceptions. The only way to get a list is to find a friend with a Harmony and have them add your devices.

If you post the make/model of your devices, I can tell you if discretes exist. I'm not going to load them into my Harmony though.

Another option is to use a JP1 remote for teaching discretes. If you have cable TV, you probably already own a JP1 remote. It can be used to teach every possible discrete command for every device. If you don't have a JP1 remote, you can buy one for under $5.

I just read your first post. IR Scrutinizer is the best way to generate discrete codes these days. A JP1 remote is the cheapest way to teach them (no code generation required).

In any case, I'm still a little confused. You never added any discretes to your old MX-500's? If not, what do you lose by switching to Harmony? If you did add them, then you could use the MX-500 to teach your new Harmony.

Last edited by mdavej on April 3, 2016 18:28.

Hosting Services by ipHouse