The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday March 29, 2016 at 12:45
bbonetti
Lurking Member
March 2016
I got this completely figured out, thanks to some other messages elsewhere in this forum, and wanted to share it with others that might be having the same problem;

To summarize, my problem was that I couldn’t get Favs to work when I used code set 202 for my Comcast X1 DVR device. The problem was that the ENT button was not programmed with a discreet code. Fav programming appears to require a discreet code for ENT and using a macro won’t work. Also, because code set 202 is RF and because my Comcast remote is also RF, I couldn’t learn the IR code into my MX-450. So I tried code set 195 and that works because ENT is programmed in that code set. However, code set 195 is missing some important discreet codes and I was unable to learn the codes into my device because my original remote was sending RF, not IR.

SOLUTION: I discovered that the X1 remote can do both IR and RF. My remote was set to RF by the Comcast installer. You can tell because when you press any button on it it flashes green (RF) first then red (RF). To get just RF I had to unpair my Comcast remote from my DVR. To do that you press and hold the Setup button on the remote until the LED on the remote changes from red to green and then enter 9-8-7. After that it just sends RF and learning can be done for missing functions in code set 195.

For the record, I found missing codes in each code set that hopefully will be added in future database updates.

Code set 202 is missing codes for ENT, Skip-, and Skip+. Pause also does nothing but pressing the Play button alternates between play and pause.

Code set 195 is missing codes for EXIT, Skip-, and Skip+ and also has the same issue with Pause as mentioned above.

After making my X1 remote RF only I was able to add the missing functions by learning the IR codes.

Hope this helps others.
Bill Bonetti

Hosting Services by ipHouse