Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday March 28, 2016 at 19:10
bbonetti
Lurking Member
March 2016
Hi.

I'm new to this forum but have been reading it a while. I'm a new MX-450 owner and got it programmed with devices and macros and I’m pleased with the results. One problem I’m having is with setting up Favorites. I followed the directions and it almost works. I have a Comcast X1 DVR. You can go to any channel by entering the channel numbers and pressing Select on the Comcast remote. When programming the MX-450 I entered a station number for CBS (189) and used the ENT button at the end. When I try the Fav button it enters 189 on the screen but doesn’t get the ENT press. I then discovered that the ENT button on my remote did nothing so I set it up via a 1-button macro to press the SEL button on the MX-450 while in the Comcast device. I tested this by manually entering 1-8-9-ENT and that worked, but again when I tried with the Fav button it just entered the 189 and stopped. The channel entry for the CBS Fav button shows “189/“. Is that correct? I get a / when I press ENT. Thinking it might be a timing issue I tried putting a pause after the 189 before the / but nothing shows for the pause so I have no idea if it’s taking it. I checked with tech support at URC and was told to try multiple ENTs after the channel number. I tried that with no luck. I'd really like to get this last piece working if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks.
Bill Bonetti

Hosting Services by ipHouse