Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Thursday March 24, 2016 at 09:19
Bubby
Advanced Member
July 2007
Yes they do. And that's great for them.

But here is the problem, or two, with everybody clamoring for companies to bring manufacturing back here: people like their $30 dvd player or $50 BR player and $300 50" TV. You bring the manufacturing of those products back to the US and the price will go up.

Also, using Apple as an example. If they were to bring production of the iPhone back, either the price would go up or Apple would make less money. Now on the surface Apple makes a lot of money so no big deal if they make less. But it is.

In the 401(k) world we live in, people and pensions invest in stocks and many times the funds offered in those plans will include companies like Apple. So if Apple makes less, their stock doesn't perform as well, the fund doesn't do as well and individual's 401(k)'s don't do as well. These people then will have less money to spend in retirement which will slow overall economic growth. Of course I am talking about this happening to millions of people, not a single person.

And this is all based on the idea that you could get US workers to build the iPhone. I have taken one apart and I would rather work at a convenience store or QSR than put those things together all day. Especially since I could get $15/hr doing which is another issue entirely.

Hosting Services by ipHouse