Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday March 18, 2016 at 22:56
Audible Solutions
March 2004
Sort of do this every day. Most who use the Vaddio bridge or Vaddio Connect and Focusrite Scarelett are using some sort of VC bridge like Bluejeans, WebX, Skype or Google Hangouts. This is not a real VTC solution, but it works. You are not going to get HD resolution, you are going to have limitations with the content sent and you are not going to get crucial features like Mics mute or Do Not Disturb, without adding a DSP box.

Question 1: how many mics.
Question 2: Will you be communicating to other VTC rooms or to video bridges, like Bluejeans?
3. Will you be sending presentation content?
4. How many different sources?
5. What resolutions will those devices have--or how many different EDID tables will be part of this job.
6. A control system or operation via remote?
7. How many displays? ( single display or dual display?)
8. How many cameras? Limitations on the Vaddio or Focusrite solutions are solutions is one camera at a time. Cisco and Polycom allow you to select more easily which camera will be sent to far end.
9. How price sensitive? Cisco and Polycom are expensive.

2 biggest players are Cisco and Polycom. You want the best you look here. Don't know prices as I just make these puppies work. SX-20 and Group Series 310 are the entry level codecs.

We have also seen Vidyo used and they work more or less well at significantly lower price points than either Cisco or Polycom. I've been less happy with dual display or dual camera solutions Vidyo offered.

You have my phone number if you have more questions.
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse