Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday March 16, 2016 at 14:35
Audiophiliac
August 2006
Turns out that last night, Tivo fubared something on their end. The result is that Tivo units are getting stuck in a reboot loop. The bandaid is to disconnect it from the network (wired or wifi). You can then watch Live and recorded TV. Obviously it will not update guide data or do any streaming.

They are frantically working on a solution. I was being annoying to the tech I spoke with who said as soon as they had a fix, they would push out the update. I kindly reminded him that the bandaid was to disconnect from the network...which also delivers the update. He reluctantly half chuckled and said "I know....they are working on it. That is all I know."

I am surprised we have not received more than 1 call this morning. Not sure how this will play out. As soon as network connection is made, within 2 minutes, it reboots. Not enough time to go in and tell it to connect to Tivo Service. Are they going to make use download a patch to USB stick and use some magic button sequences to load new software? Many people do not even know what a USB is let alone will be able to do this process without our assistance.

Yay service calls?
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse