The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Saturday February 20, 2016 at 09:50
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On February 19, 2016 at 13:28, Ernie Gilman said...
Mario,
And I just tried it both from Mario's original post and from his repost. It loaded like a sonofagun!

I'm using Chrome and I can't tell you exactly what my security settings are. I rarely have problems with pages loading. Maybe they were messing with the page last night.

I have to laugh, too: you guys would have such a cow if I wrote up something like that and dared to add it to a discussion as a post!

I think the writer makes a BIG mistake in publishing the ultimate strength rather than the design strength. If I say :
*one method can support 1000 pounds but you can only load it to one quarter that amount, and
*another method is designed to support 250 pounds with a safety factor of four....

Those two methods are identical but you'll remember 1000 pounds and 250 pounds, not the niggly little details. This can lead to breakage. When you describe how to do something, it's important to remember how people get things right and how people make mistakes, and tailor the information for the best result.

Why can't you tell us about your security settings? They're YOUR settings, using YOUR preferences. You should know them to make your browser do what you want and prevent actions that you don't want.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse