The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday February 8, 2016 at 13:23
gerard143
Advanced Member
May 2012
For the first time I've been trying out a few relatively inexpensive dimmable leds from the likes of home depot, lowes, etc.

I gotta say the dimming experience is just so much nicer and consistent with a regular incandescent. Some examples... when you hit full on and it ramps up brightness the effect is nice on an incandescent. Also great when you hit off and it ramps down. With the led the ramp up is almost nonexistent.. just jumps to full on. The ramp down is better but doesn't match an incandescent. Also with the led they just don't dim as low as incandescent(even with the low end trim adjusted on the Lutron dimmer). With the led I notice on the low end of dim the dim level isn't always exactly the same either. So I am curious if really good mid to high end dimmable led's still exhibit these traits or if there are ones out there that mock an incandescent extremely well. The problem with most of these bulbs is they are packaged so its damn near impossible to just try one out quick... and get it back in the box looking unaltered to return it. Also color temperatures seem to vary quite a bit despite what box states.

So I wanted to ask those who have good experience with dimmable leds what they recommend. I do know Lutron has a compatibility chart that just states it'll work not how good of quality you can expect out the experience with the bulbs. I'm looking for a brand that has some variation in sizes of bulbs too. For example on the lights above a medicine cabinet shorter bulbs look better as they don't stick past the glass pieces on each fixture.

Hosting Services by ipHouse